Monday, May 7, 2018

Lettering Life Lessons: The Benefits of Creativity

 
Spring-Things-Positively-Present

If you've been following along on Instagram over the past few years, you know how much time I've spent drawing. I've done a few of these "Lettering Life Lessons" videos before, but this time I focused on the topic of creativity itself and how much I've learned from spending time doing creative things (particularly drawing). I've experienced so many benefits from taking the time to draw every day, and you can learn about just a few of them in this video. 

Head's up: it's very long (over 50 minutes!) and quite rambling at times, but you get to watch me draw the illustration you see above as well as listen to my inner monologue about how much creativity has impacted my life. If you're into podcasts, drawing, or stream-of-consciousness in someone else's head, you'll enjoy it. 

 

Can't see the video? Click here to watch on YouTube

 

Let me know what you think of the video in the comments below or on YouTube. I'd love to know...

  • Do you like videos over blog posts? Or would you rather read than listen? 
  • Do you like drawing videos? I know that's not what you signed up for, but I watch all kinds of YouTube videos about things I don't actually do in real life. (For example, I'm currently into watching this guy build realistic nature scenes for his model railroad, and I don't have or want a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment